full name / name of organization:
Sebastian Subik, CNI TU Dortmund University
[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]
CALL FOR PAPERS
6th international Workshop on OMNeT++ to be held in conjunction with SIMUTools 2013
Cannes, French Riviera - March 5th, 2013
OMNeT++ is a public-source, component-based, modular and open-architecture simulation environment with strong GUI support and an embeddable simulation kernel. It is designed to simulate discrete event systems, but the primary application area is the simulation of communication networks.
The International Workshop on OMNeT++ provides a forum for discussions on recent developments and novel ideas in the broad area of network simulation and modeling, with a focus on the OMNeT++ simulation environment.
The workshop brings together developers and researchers to discuss applications and ideas on the important topics of integrating simulation models, coupling different simulation tools and providing more accurate and more efficient modeling approaches.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Design, evaluation, and validation of simulation models
- Comparison with other simulation/emulation tools
- Parallel simulation and simulation control
- Integration of hardware-specific code
- Simulative approaches to performance evaluation
- Cross-layer protocol design methodologies
- Use of discrete event simulation in other domains
- Integration with other simulation tools
- Result interpretation and analysis
- Modeling techniques, including stochastic and hybrid modeling
- Simulation in the loop
- Industrial applications
We invite two types of submissions:
- Full and short papers of 4 to 8 pages answering open research questions, introducing novel simulation techniques, or addressing questions of accurate and efficient modeling for simulation.
- Poster abstracts of 2 to 4 pages describing work in progress, provoking research questions in the context of the workshop, or code contributions that sketch the underlying model.
All submissions to the workshop should be of interest to the general simulation and modeling community, with OMNeT++ playing a key role. We welcome case-studies that employ OMNeT++ in the evaluation of new systems as well as contributions addressing general questions of simulation using OMNeT++. For model-centric submissions we encourage the publication of source code on the authors' website at the time of submission.
Submissions should be prepared in ACM conference proceedings format and be original research that is unpublished and not currently under consideration for publication. Detailed submission instructions, together with format files, are available on the website
Submissions that are accepted and presented at the workshop will appear in the SIMUTools 2013 proceedings, on CD, in EU-DL, and in the ACM Digital Library (pending approval).
- Paper submission: December 1st, 2012 23:59 UTC (firm deadline)
- Notification of acceptance: January 7th, 2013
- Camera-Ready version: February 7th, 2013
- Conference: March 5th, 2013
- Andras Varga, Simulcraft Inc.
- Anna Förster, Networking Lab/SUPSI, Switzerland
- Matthias Wählisch, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Christoph Sommer, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Philipp Reinecke, HP Labs Bristol, United Kingdom
- Sebastian Subik, TU Dortmund University, Germany
- Till Steinbach, HAW Hamburg, Germany
Program committee (tentative):
- Alfonso Ariza, Universidad de Málaga, Spain
- Rena Bakhshi, VU Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ingmar Baumgart, KIT, Germany
- John Buford, Avaya Research Labs, USA
- Bogdan Ciubotaru, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Olivier Dalle, INRIA, France
- Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Anirüddhā Gokhālé, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Patrick Haeflinger, Alcatel-Lucent, France
- Olafur Helgason, KTH, Sweden
- Konstantinos Katsaros, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Juan-Carlos Maureira, University of Chile, Chile
- Bratislav Milic, HU Berlin, Germany
- Navid Nikaein, Institut Eurecom, France
- Dimosthenis Pediaditakis, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Congduc Pham, University of Pau, France
- German Rodriguez, IBM Zurich Research Labs, Switzerland
- Stefan Rührup, FTW, Austria
- Ahmet Şekercioğlu, Monash University, Australia
- Till Steinbach, HAW Hamburg, Germany
- Doru Todinca, University of Timisoara, Romania
- Yuri Tselishchev, NICTA, Australia
- Klaus Wehrle, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Lars Wischhof, Audi Electronics Venture, Germany
Please send an e-mail to the organizing committee
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the workshop website at
http://www.omnet-workshop.org/2013/ for further information.
Best regards and hope to see you at the OMNeT++ Workshop in March 2013!