ALA 2013: Stephen Crane Society Panels (1/13/2013)
CFP: Stephen Crane Panels at ALA 2013
The Stephen Crane Society will sponsor two sessions at the American Literature Association Conference at the Westin Copley Place, Boston, on May 23-26, 2013. All topics are welcome. Here, for example, are a few suggestions:
· Crane's depiction of war
· Crane and the arts (e. g., painting, photography, music)
· Crane's depiction of the city
· Crane's poetry
· Crane's journalism
· the Sullivan County tales and sketches
· the Western stories
· the Whilomville stories
· one of Crane's lesser-known novels (The Third Violet, Active Service, or The O'Ruddy)
· Crane's depiction of women
· Crane's relationship with other writers, e. g., Garland, Howells, Conrad, or Frederic
Presentations will be limited to 20 minutes.
You may also propose a roundtable discussion on, say, teaching Crane's short stories.
Please email abstracts or papers of no more than ten double-spaced pages by January 15, 2013, to the program chair:
For further information, please consult the ALA website at www.americanliterature.org or contact the conference director, Professor Alfred Bendixen of Texas A & M University at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.