HIV/AIDS and Gender Based Violence
I am editing an anthology called, Twin Crises: HIV/AIDS and Violence against Women (VAW) in Africa and the Black Diaspora. I have a strong collection of essays on the connection between HIV/AIDS and VAW in Africa and the United States. I am looking for essays on the following topics to supplement what has already been submitted.
(1) "Corrective Rape" of lesbian, bisexual and transgender women and the consequences for HIV/AIDS
(2) Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and HIV/AIDS in the lives of lesbian, bisexual and/or transgender women
(3) Teen dating violence and HIV/AIDS (teens, young women, girls)
(4) HIV/AIDS and prostitution, sex work or trafficking
(5) HIV and VAW for women living in the Caribbean or Latin America and/or Immigrant groups living in Canada or Europe
Please send a brief description of your contribution, which includes a working title, estimated length and a brief bio of the author, by December 1st, 2012. Entries will be due on January 15th, 2013. Please help me spread the word.