CFP: Fandom and Pedagogy (Collection)
CFP: Fandom and Pedagogy (collection)
In Constance Penley's 1994 text NASA/TREK, she quotes an unnamed fanfiction writer turned professional author as stating, "Forget Breadloaf. Forget the Iowa Writers Workshop....fandom is the best writing workshop in the country."
Scholarly essays are sought for a potential collection on fandom studies and post-secondary pedagogy. All theoretical approaches welcome. Feminist approaches particularly wanted.
Possible topics may include but are not limited to:
- Fandom as/in the feminist classroom
- Using and introducing fan practices in the composition classroom
- Fan activity as multimodal composition(s)
- Using fan works in the classroom (case studies and personal experience welcome)
- Fandom in the university (particularly the problematics of)
- Fan works as adaptation in the literature classroom
- Fan activity as writing workshop in the creative writing classroom
Please note: A potential publisher has expressed interest; work on this project may be fast-moving.
Please submit a 300-500 word abstract and one-page CV to Amylea Clemons (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 30th, 2013.