PRRT 2013 : ICTs for improving Patients Rehabilitation Research Techniques (PRRT) 2013, 2013-05-05
Call For Papers
During the last few years, there has been increasing interest in the application of Virtual Reality and Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), in the field of rehabilitation, with clinical results that prove their effectiveness. The virtual reality is being an increasingly used method in physical rehabilitation, allowing individualized treatments, as to facilitate learning motivation, to finally, provides patients pleasant and enjoyable homework exercises. This is can be done, for example, by applying the use of Nintendo Wii Balance Board, a low-cost visual biofeedback systems, and the implementation of programs for improving the patients balance.
This workshop invites authors to submit contributions on concepts Virtual Rehabilitation Discussion, applications, techniques or environments where interaction design play a central role by improving the rehabilitation process at all levels.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
• Virtual and enhanced environments
• Motor rehabilitation
• Neuroimaging in rehabilitation
• Virtual rehabilitation
• Clinical assessment
• Cognitive rehabilitation
• Communication and language
• Ambisonics and audio environments
• Haptic devices
• Sensory impairment
• Medical systems
• Input devices, sensors and actuators
• Multi-user systems for user interaction
• Computer access
• Virtual humans
• Balance, posture and mobility
• Communications aids
• Tools for architectural/CAD design
• Product design, testing and prototyping
• Training tools for rehabilitation
• Augmented reality applications
• Human factors
• Rehabilitation robotics
• The deadline for paper submissions is March 29, 2013,regular papers and invited papers are allowed up to 8 pages and short papers are allowed up to 4 pages. View the guidelines and templates (http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html). Please be sure to use the correct Category and Subject Descriptor in your paper. See the above guidelines for instructions and visit http://www.acm.org/class/1998/ for more information.
• Send paper by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop will be held on May 5 2013 in Venice, Italy.Please note that at least one author of an accepted position paper must register for the workshop of the Prevasive Health 2013 conference.
All accepted submissions would be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed by dblp, Scopus and ScienceDirect and submitted to Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index-Science (ISI Web of Science).
A selection of high quality papers will be proposed to be submitted as an extended version for a special issue of an international Thomson Router ISI journal to be specified later.
Submission Deadline: March 29th, 2013
Author Notification: April 12th, 2013
Camera-Ready Deadline: April 19th, 2013
Habib M. Fardoun, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia (email@example.com)
Abdulfattah S. Mashat, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guillermo Palacios, University of Zaragoza, Spain (Guillermo.email@example.com)
Jose A. Gallud, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain (firstname.lastname@example.org)