[UPDATE] Jim Harrison Panel (ALA May 23-26, 2013); due Jan 23, 2013 EXTENDED DEADLINE
The Jim Harrison Society is seeking individual paper proposals for its sponsored panel at the 2013 American Literature Association convention in Boston, May 23-26, 2013. All topics are welcome, but here are a few suggestions:
• Food in Harrison's work – the role played by food and wine in Harrison's fiction, non-fiction, or poetry
• Harrison and The North Woods: Michigan
• Harrison and The Sonoran Desert: Arizona
• Harrison in the context of contemporary "literary fiction"
• Harrison's poetry
• Harrison's influences
• Harrison's prefaces and introductions
Presentations will be limited to 15-20 minutes. Please send 250-word abstract and a brief c.v. to Robert Murray, Department of English, St. Thomas Aquinas College at email@example.com by January 23, 2013.