Transformations - CFP Teaching Pop Culture extended deadline Feb 15
Extended Deadline for
Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy
TEACHING POPULAR CULTURE
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The editors of Transformations seek jargon-free submissions that explore popular culture from all pedagogical contexts and interdisciplinary perspectives. We accept articles (5,000-10,000 words), media essays (overviews on books, film, video, performance, art, music, websites, etc. 3,000 to 5,000 words) and items for an occasional feature, "The Material Culture of Teaching."
Note extended deadline: Submissions for this special issue on Teaching Popular Culture are now due Feb. 15, 2013. We welcome writing that explores strategies for teaching about popular culture in the classroom and in nontraditional spaces (such as the media, museums, and in public discourse).
Transformations publishes only essays that focus on teaching.
For submission guidelines, please go to http://web.njcu.edu/sites/transformations/Content/default.asp
Send submissions or inquiries in MLA format (7th ed.) as attachments in MS Word or Rich Text format to: Jacqueline Ellis and Ellen Gruber Garvey, Editors, email@example.com
Author(s) name and contact information
should be included on a SEPARATE page.
Possible topics for articles include:
* Defining popular culture
* Popular culture as a pedagogical tool
* Popular culture and technology
* History and popular culture
* Popular culture, memory, and nostalgia
* Media literacy
* Representations of race, class, and gender in popular culture
* Popular culture in K-12 classrooms
* Popular culture and the corporatization of education
* Subculture, handmade culture, independent culture
* Popular culture and sexuality
* Erasures and omissions in popular culture
* Popular culture and "normality"
* Reading popular culture
* Fandom and style
* Controversies in popular culture: pornography, violence
* Popular culture in national, transnational, and global contexts
* Consumption of popular culture, reading and using popular culture
Past issues of Transformations include: Teaching Feelings, Teaching Digital Media, Teaching Sex, Teaching Earth, Teaching Nation, and Teaching Performance. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the journal before submitting. Please visit our website to order previous issues.
Please share this cfp widely.