Intensities: The Journal of Cult Media #5 'Comics and Cult Media' - deadline extended
Issue 5 Comic Book Intensities – Comics and Cult Media
Deadline extended to Friday March 1st 2013
Intensities seeks submissions dealing with comics as cult media. Topics might include:
• Cult comic book auteurs – Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Mark Millar, Joss Whedon.
• Cult films from comics – Cinefumetti, Manga and Anime, the Turkish KIlink films, Dredd 3D.
• National and international comic book cultures – French bandes dessinees, Italian fumetti, Japanese Manga.
• Comic book fan cultures – Cosplay and beyond.
• Underground and alternative traditions.
• Beyond the cape and mask – neglected comic book genres.
• From EC to Dark Horse – Horror comics.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should be between 6000 and 8000 words, referenced Harvard style and sent as a word document – a 200 word abstract should be sent as a separate document.
Intensive: Cult Media Review
In addition to publishing refereed essays, Intensities also features a non-refereed Cult Media Review section which will carry shorter speculative reviews, reviews of cult phenomena (e.g. cult TV series, cult films, cult novels, science fiction, comics), short critical essays, interview transcripts, conference and convention reviews and articles about aspects of industry, fan culture, production and authorship.
Submissions for Intensive: Cult Media Review should be sent as a Word document to Adrian Smith at email@example.com.