[UPDATE] CFP EXTENDED DEADLINE The World We Have Imagined: Literature, Nature, and the Environment Conference - April 4-6, 2013
We are seeking proposals for a conference on the relationship between Literature, Nature, and the Environment, which will focus on the idea of the environmental imagination, imaginary worlds, and imagined futures.
Papers might examine (but are not limited to):
• Ecocritical approaches to literature
• Nature Writing and other representation of the Environment
• The Picturesque
• Animals and Wildlife
• The Environment Reimagined
• Utopias and Dystopias
• Urban Landscapes and the Environment
• Climate and Weather
• Environmental justice
• Environmental issues in the Mid-West
• Local environmental Narratives
Southwestern College is AASHE (Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education), ACUPCC (American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment), KACEE (Kansas Association for Conservation & Environmental Education), and the Kansas Green Schools Network.