Emerging Perspectives graduate conference. May 2-3, 2013.
May 2-3, 2013 at University College Dublin in association with the UCD English Graduate Society and Humanities Institute
The UCD English Graduate Society warmly invites MA and PhD students of all levels to submit abstracts of no more than 300 words which engage with the theme 'Emerging Perspectives' for the 2013 EGS Postgraduate Symposium.
Since 2010 the UCD English Graduate Society has provided early stage scholars in universities across Ireland with the opportunity to share their research in a supportive environment. Selections from conferences and seminars have been published annually in the postgraduate journal Emerging Perspectives.
The aim of the EGS 2013 symposium is to continue actively promoting exciting new research and interdisciplinary dialogue in the greater Irish postgraduate community: early career scholars and MA students are strongly encouraged to apply.
We invite submissions from a broad range of areas within the below disciplines including but by no means limited to:
* New approaches to literature, multiculturalism, devolution, globalisation, migration, diasporas, historical materialism (American, British, Irish Literature.)
* Medieval, Renaissance, Enlightenment, Romantic, Victorian, Realism, Naturalism.
* Modernism, the Beats, Surrealism, Peripheral Modernities.
* Postmodernism, Digital Age/ Post-postmodernism?
* Theory: Materialism, structuralism, deconstruction, postmodernism, gender & queer theory, psychoanalysis, postcolonialism, world literature, digital humanities.
* Novels, poetry, film, drama
This event will be held in the UCD Humanities Institute on the UCD Belfield campus. A selection of the proceedings of the conference will be published in the fourth volume of Emerging Perspectives.
Deadline for submission of abstracts, 300 words maximum, by March 1st 2013 for 20 minute presentations. Submissions for panels are also invited.
Please email submissions as well as any queries regarding the event to email@example.com