full name / name of organization:
2013 International Conference on Learning
Call for Papers
The 2013 Learning Conference, held at the University of the Aegean at Rhodes, will feature sessions on a breadth of topics relevant to Learning. Proposals for paper presentations, workshops, roundtables or colloquia are invited, addressing learning through one of the following themes:
* Pedagogy and Curriculum * Science, Mathematics and Technology Learning
* Assessment and Evaluation * Adult, Community and Professional Learning
* Literacies Learning * Educational Organization and Leadership
* Early Childhood Learning * Technologies in Learning
* Learning in Higher Education * Learner Diversity and Identities
The final deadline for proposal submission is 14 May 2013. Please visit thelearner.com for more information on submitting your proposal, future deadlines, and registering for the conference.
Presenters will have the option to submit their completed papers to the refereed International Journal of Learning. If you are unable to attend the conference in person, virtual registrations are available, which include submission to the journal for refereeing and possible publication, as well as a one-year online subscription to the journal.
Rhodes and the Learning Conference
The 2013 International Conference on Learning will take place from 11-13 July in Rhodes, Greece. We hope that you will join us at the University of the Aegean at Rhodes to continue conversations and start new discussions. After the conference, take time to explore all of the wonderful sights in Rhodes. Once home to the Colossus of Rhodes, the modern city contains the citadel of Rhodes, which is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe.
The International Conference on Learning is proud to announce the following keynote speakers for our 2013 Conference:
- Mary Kalantzis, College of Education, University of Illinois - "Learning How to Mean: Reflections in New
Learning and New Literacies"
- Chryssi Vitsilaki, University of the Aegean at Rhodes, Eugenia Arvanitis, Greek Ministry of Education,
and Eugenia Kouleza, University of Patra - "Case Studies of Pedagogical Innovation in Greece"