CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE ARAB WORLD Papers Due: March 31, 2013
The Protection Project at The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (TPP) is pleased to invite scholars and professionals to submit proposals for the first regional annual conference on, "Corporate Social Responsibility in the Arab World" which will take place in Istanbul, Turkey on June 19-20, 2013.
The conference will bring together business representatives, law professors, and representatives from NGOs and other elements of civil society to discuss a broad array of topics related to corporate social responsibility, specifically in the 22 countries members of the League of Arab States. BAU and TPP welcome paper submissions from all disciplines on topics including but not limited to:
• Global Governance and Corporate Liability: The Crisis of Multinational Enterprises;
• Self-Regulations, Codes of Conduct and Voluntary Compliance;
• Recognition and Enforcement of Internationally Recognized Labor Rights: Reconciling the Interests of Management and Workers;
• The Role of Governments in Business: Regulatory Rules of Foreign Direct Investment, Privatization and Free and Fair Competition;
• The Role of NGOs and other Elements of Civil Society in Fighting Corporate Greed and Combating Corruption;
• Illicit Business Practices: Child Labor, Forced Labor and Labor Trafficking;
• The John Ruggie Model of "Protect, Respect and Remedy": Human Rights and the Social Responsibility of Business;
• The Future of CSR and Responsible Investment.
Please submit a paper abstract (300 – 500 worlds), a copy of your passport and your bio to Ms. Elaine Panter, Director of Programs and Planning at The Protection Project at firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 31, 2013. Papers may be submitted in English, Arabic and French. Selected candidates will be notified by April 30, 2013. Following the event, the speakers will be required to submit a full paper for publication of between 5,000 – 7,000 words, excluding notes and bibliography. For more information, please contact Ms. Elaine Panter at email@example.com or at +1 202 663 5894.