TYCA-NE 48th Annual Conference, October 3-5, 2013
TYCA-NE of the National Council of Teachers of English is seeking presentation proposals for its October 2013 Conference. Presentations should focus on some aspect of our theme for this year's conference, R/evolutions: Addressing Pedagogical and Institutional Change in Higher Education. We are interested in presentation topics that include revolutions in pedagogical thinking, planning and collaboration.
Proposals may address the following topics:
• Readiness, Remediation and Redesign
• Developmental Acceleration, Supplementation and Contextualization
• Creative Writing
• Whole Books with Thematic Content
• Flipped Classroom
• K-12 English Curriculum Changes
• HS-College Collaborative Initiatives
• Effective E-Materials and Resources
• Virtual Innovations and Interactions
• Transforming Assessment Institutional Changes:
• Serving more students with fewer resources
• Changes in current policies and legislation regarding developmental education
• Increasing use of adjunct labor
• Changes as a result of administration overhaul
• Political change and how it affects community colleges
• Faculty bargaining and the future of tenure-track positions
• Implementing Strategies for Retention Across the College
• 20 minute talk, discussion, or workshop followed by questions and answers;
• 60 minute full-panel discussion for groups of two or more followed by questions and answers;
• Presentations may be combined with other proposals by the Program Planning Committee;
• Computers, LCD projectors, wireless connections and on-site tech support will be provided.
• 200-250 word abstract elaborating on both the topic and format of the presentation;
• 50 word title and description for the conference program and schedule;
• Type of session (i.e. 20 min workshop…) and specific audio-visual and technical requests;
• A brief biography and contact information of each presenter.
TYCA Northeast hopes to foster creativity, collaboration and innovation. While traditional proposals will be accepted, non-traditional presentations are greatly encouraged and may receive priority consideration. Presentations should focus on some aspect of the TYCA purpose: "the intellectual and pedagogical growth of English teachers and administrators in the two-year college throughout the northeast region."
Proposals should be submitted by June 1, 2013. We will notify presenters of proposal acceptance by June 30, 2013. Presenters should register for the conference by August 31, 2013. Full submission instructions can be found on the conference website at http://tycanortheast.org/annualconference.html. For information about history and attractions in Morristown go to http://www.co.morris.nj.us/history/history.asp.
Conference Registration Deadline: September 10, 2013