(25-26 October, 2013)"Ebbs, Flows and Limits": Dialogues and Cultural Productions from the Periphery, Pittsburgh
With an interdisciplinary approach, (Des)articulaciones 2013 invites creative reflections on the possibility of many Others (and various Selves), and the examination of continuous cultural flows from and between so-called peripheries. Our purpose is to continue a reflection of Latin America vis-à-vis various contacts with peripheral Others and their epistemological relationship to the West.
Graduate students who would like to participate in the conference should send an abstract (between 250-300 words), their research interests and academic affiliation to the Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2013. Each presentation will be between 15 and 20 minutes.
Abstracts should focus on, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Literature: Inter-regional, Trans-Atlantic and Trans-Pacific Dialogues
- Symbolic Representations from the Margin: Aesthetics and discourses from or beyond Latin American geopolitical limits
- Art, Cultural Production and Discourses via Peripheral Images (including cinema, photography and iconography)
- Other Epistemologies: Local/ localized knowledge in the face of "Universal" knowledge
- New negotiations of the Other: Genders and sexualities
- Diasporas and Afro-Descendent Cultures: Literature, Memories and Transnationalism
- Amerindian Studies in Dialogue: The Space between tradition and contemporaneity
- Constructions of Local/ Global Identities and Subjectivities
- Machines, War Devices, Violence and Political Conflicts
- New Cartographies, Decentralized Spaces
- Dispersion of the Periphery, Cultures and Literatures in Exile
Memories, History and Socio-Polilitcal Narratives