Call for Articles: Journal of Language Studies
JOURNAL OF LANGUAGE STUDIES
(A Publication of the Department of Languages, Covenant University).
Aim & Scope
JLS is an international scholarly open access journal that provides a forum devoted to current and state of the art studies in Language and Communication. It is a fully refereed journal, focusing both on conceptual and theoretical approaches to Language and Communication studies. Submissions that deal with case studies and essays demonstrating new knowledge and advanced methods providingheightened scholarly understanding of traditional topics in Englishand French linguistics or literary studies,pragmatics, discourse studies and (new) media communicationsare particularly welcome. The journal also encourages descriptive and highly objective reviews.
The journal aims to maintain rapid editorial procedures and a rigorous peer review system. Submitted articles are reviewed within approximately three months of submission and the accepted articles are published shortly afterwards. JLS is published twice a year (June & December), both electronically as well as in printed form by Covenant University Press, Canaanland, Ota, Nigeria.
Emmanuel Kwofie (Prof)
Charles Ogbulogo (Prof)
Taiwo Abioye (associate Prof)
The editors of Journal of Language Studies (JLS) call for well-researched articles written in English or French. Please ensure that your submission is the final clean version of the manuscript with all accompanying files (if applicable). Also indicate that the manuscript is an original paper, not previously published or is being considered for publication in another journal. Please see a detailed 'guide for authors' on our Covenant Journals page. For submission of articles please, log on to: email@example.com
• A manuscript should not exceed 8,000 words including the abstract, endnotes and references.
• A manuscript should include a concise abstract of about 150 words. The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the paper, major results and conclusions
• A title page should include author(s) names and affiliations, and a brief biographical note of about 100 words.
• JLS adopts the Harvard (or APA) referencing style.
• All submissions will be peer-reviewed
• Manuscripts are to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:email@example.com