full name / name of organization:
Teaching Writing Club - California State University Fullerton
Pupil Call For Papers
Pupil is an online rhetoric and composition pedagogy journal that features essays from undergraduate and graduate students from across disciplines on the topic of teaching composition and rhetoric. General approaches to writing, and rhetorical specificities, differ across disciplines. Pupil strives to be a source and link between these differing pedagogical approaches toward composition and rhetoric by bringing them together. This journal’s interdisciplinary focus is an attempt to present writing from multiple fields of study with the hope of imparting insight into how other disciplines treat college writing.
This journal is an online publication put together by English graduate students of California State University Fullerton. Pupil will be accessible on the California State University Fullerton English Department web page.
We are currently accepting submissions on composition and rhetoric from across the disciplines (Humanities, Social & Physical Sciences, Business, Liberal Arts, etc.). Some examples of, but certainly not limitations to, submissions include:
• Class syllabi with an attached explanation/reflection on the goal and approach of writing assignments, i.e. essays, response papers, reflection papers, etc.
• Assignment examples
• Pedagogical approaches
• Writing assessment rubric
• Perspectives on teaching writing/writing assignments
• Reflective essays about writing, rhetorical strategies, or
Please email your submission to email@example.com with a subject of “Pupil Submission” by April 1st, 2013.
• 1-4 pages double-spaced Word Doc (.doc, .docx files only)
• Include a brief abstract (200 word count max) about your
• Include in your submission your:
➢ Affiliation & Discipline of study
➢ Professional/Student Status
➢ Email & Contact Number