DEADLINE EXTENDED: Pupil Journal Publication CFP extended deadline 4/15/13
Deadline for submissions extended to April 15th, 2013.
Pupil is an online rhetoric and composition pedagogy journal that features essays from undergraduate and graduate students from across disciplines on the topic of teaching composition and rhetoric. General approaches to writing, and rhetorical specificities, differ across disciplines. Pupil strives to be a source and link between these differing pedagogical approaches toward composition and rhetoric by bringing them together. This journal's interdisciplinary focus is an attempt to present writing from multiple fields of study with the hope of imparting insight into how other disciplines treat college writing.
This journal is an online publication put together by English graduate students of California State University Fullerton. Pupil will be accessible on the California State University Fullerton English Department web page. Print publication dependent upon funding, and upon publication, accepted submitters will receive a print publication.
We are currently accepting submissions on composition and rhetoric from across the disciplines (Humanities, Social & Physical Sciences, Business, Liberal Arts, etc.). Some examples of, but certainly not limitations to, submissions include:
• Class syllabi with an attached explanation/reflection on the goal and approach of writing assignments, i.e. essays, response papers, reflection papers, etc.
• Assignment examples (use of creative composition, social media, technology, etc.)
• Pedagogical approaches
• Writing assessment rubric
• Perspectives on teaching writing/writing assignments
• Creative Writing– theory, pedagogy, reflection OR creative pieces as a reflection on teaching composition or as a teacher.
• Reflective essays about writing, rhetorical strategies, or teaching writing
Please email your submission to email@example.com with a subject of "Pupil Submission" by April 15th, 2013.
• 1-4 pages double-spaced Word Doc (.doc, .docx files only)
• Include in your submission your:
➢ Affiliation & Discipline of study
➢ Professional/Student Status
➢ Email & Contact Number
Pupil obtains First North American Serial Rights; i.e., we obtain rights to publish your work in our journal; following publication, these rights revert back to you. We ask, however, that Pupil be acknowledged in any subsequent publications.
Pupil uses a blind review process. Names of writers are omitted from documents when they are presented to the Review Board for consideration.