full name / name of organization:
Caribbean Vistas: Critiques of Caribbean Arts and Cultures
CRITIQUES OF CARIBBEAN ARTS AND CULTURES
A Refereed Journal
Call for Submissions for Volume 1/Issue 2: Publication date - August/September 2013
Deadline for Submissions: June 30, 2013
Caribbean Vistas: Critiques of Caribbean Arts and Cultures invites contributions including critical essays, poetry, literary nonfiction, book reviews, theater reviews, visual art images, bibliographies, notices, letters and other materials to the editor by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions to Caribbean Vistas should examine Anglophone, Francophone, and Hispanophone literatures, visual arts, and performance arts from pluralistic perspectives with emphases on works created in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Reviews in Caribbean Vistas will analyze recent fiction, poetry, drama, and literary nonfiction as well as scholarly/reference works in the disciplines.
The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2013. Electronic mail submissions are accepted in Microsoft Word format only
Previously unpublished poetry of Caribbean literary artists is welcomed.
Literary nonfiction essays will be accepted for publication consideration in the second issue of Caribbean Vistas.
Visual art images accompanied by artistic statements by Caribbean visual artists will also be accepted for publication consideration in the second issue of Caribbean Vistas.
Specifications, including style sheets, are available from the editor.
All submissions must follow the current Modern Language Association Documentation Style.
Caribbean Vistas (ISSN 2150-8917) will be published annually (Summer) for the on-line academic, artistic, and cultural community.
Caribbean Vistas is available on the World Wide Web at http://caribbeanvistas.wordpress.com
The Caribbean Vistas Editorial Group is representative of the international academic, artistic, and cultural community and includes artists and scholars with wide-ranging interests and experience, from emerging to well-established senior academic and artistic professionals.
• Emily Williams, Caribbean Literary Critic, Writing Consultant, Higher Education Administrator
• Kwame Dawes, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Francisco Cabanillas, Bowling Green State University
• Sandra Campbell, Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada)
• Keith B. Mitchell, University of Massachusetts, Lowell
• Cyril Dabydeen, University of Ottawa (Canada)
• Janice Fournillier, Georgia State University
• Derrilyn Morrison, Macon State College
• Alix Pierre, Spelman College
• Victor Ramraj, University of Calgary (Canada)
• Melvin B. Rahming, Morehouse College
• Keja Valens, Salem State College
• Thomas Ward, Loyola University Maryland
• Christopher Winks, Queens College, CUNY
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
For additional information, or to join our mailing list, send a brief message to email@example.com.
The editor will respond to all inquiries.