MODERN POETRY AND BEYOND
CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
MODERN POETRY AND BEYOND
GUEST EDITORS :
Dr Amzed Hossain, Head, Dept of English, ALIAH UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA.
Dr Sukriti Ghosal, Principal, MUC WOMEN'S college, Burdwan
The poetry world is full of fence-building and turf wars. The territory of poetry written since Pound and Eliot tends to be subsumed into categories: modern, postmodern, avant-garde, post-avant-garde, post-post-avant-garde etc. One may not be interested in this mish-mash. However, a common issue is that all poetry since Pound and Eliot is a refusal to acknowledge an overtly oedipal relationship with literary traditions , and a willingness to construct and invent not only new kinds of poetry but new ways of reading.
We feel that whatever poetry is being written since Pound and Eliot has been an interesting call for a revaluation of fundamentals in poetry. Nothing can be wholly radical since everything has already been done, and whenever whatever, has appeared to be militaristically radical and path-breaking, has ultimately been institutionalized.
Our proposed collection of essays( in one or two volumes) will focus on the continuum of poetic utterance and will hence be entitled MODERN POETRY AND BEYOND. Taking Eliot as the locus classicus, we propose to include essays on all major British and American poets of the 20th century and beyond, and also propose to include papers on postcolonial poetry in English.
FOR, SCHOLARS' CO_OPERATIVE
Dr SUMAN JANA
HEAD, DEPT OF ENGLISH, VIVEKANANDA MAHAVIDYALAYA,
(A NAAC ACCREDITED PG TEACHING COLLEGE),
Contact nos PROF ENAKSHI BANNERJEE +919932075805
MS SOMRITA DEY +919434002332
MS HASINA WAHIDA+91+918942812979
DR SUMAN JANA +919563212479
• Paper size: A4, Font & size: Times New Roman 12, Spacing: Single line, Margin of 1 inch on all four sides.
• Title of the paper: bold, title case (Capitalize each word), centered.
• Text of the paper: justified. Font & size: Times New Roman 12.
• References: Please follow MLA style (Only Author-Date or Number System) strictly. Don't use Foot Notes. Instead use End Notes.
• Articles should be submitted as MS Word 2003-2007attachments only.
• The paper should not usually exceed 14 pages ; 5 pages minimum in single spacing.
• Each paper must be accompanied by i) A declaration that it is an original work and has not been published anywhere else or sent for publication and ii) Abstract of paper about 100-200 words
Mode of Submission:
Each contributor is advised to send full paper with brief bio-note, declaration and abstract as a single MS-Word email attachments to email addresses: email@example.com up to 30th May, 2013.
All submissions will be sent for blind peer reviewing. Final selection will be made only if the papers are recommended for publication by the reviewers.
PS THE COLLECTION OF ESSAYS WILL BEAR ISBN NO AND WILL BE PUBLISHED BY SCHOLARS' CO OPERATIVE, INDIA.