OTM 2013 CALL FOR WORKSHOP PAPERS – EXTENDED DEADLINE June 9th, 2013
*ODBASE 2013: 12th International Conference on Ontologies, DataBases and Applications of Semantics: *
*CN'13: International Workshop for Database Development for Knowledge/Information Management of High-Complexity Networks *
* 10th – 11th September 2013 *
* Graz, Austria *
* URLs: http://www.onthemove-conferences.org/index.php/odbase13 *
Paper submission: June 9th, 2013
Acceptance notification: June 25th, 2013
Camera-ready due: July 16th, 2013
Workshop dates 10th – 11th November 2013
Theme of the Workshop
Complex networks, such as energy and water supply networks, play a vital role in communities' day to day life and development. Monitoring, understanding and optimization of these networks and of the processes related to these has a huge potential for society. It is the communities which can improve their health, as well as their environmental, economic and energy efficiency indicators.
Vital parts of such applications are the database systems and application logic layers, used to model the knowledge of the respective domain. Complex networks applications pose specific challenges to both database development and application development.
Topics of interest
The main goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for practitioners and researchers interested in development of database applications for complex networks, and exchange research and implementation ideas and share the most exciting results. It offers for practitioners and researchers with diverse backgrounds, an opportunity to present research papers, share experiences, and participate in open discussions. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
• Methods, techniques and best practices for data model development of high complexity networks, such as
o Energy Supply Networks
o Water Supply Networks
o Telecommunication Networks
o Topological Networks
o Logistics Networks
o Transportation Networks
• Methods, techniques and best practices for data model implementation of high complexity networks in relational and NoSQL databases
• Enhancing database applications for complex networks with semantic concepts
• IT-Support for design, evaluation and optimization of complex networks
• Paradigms, methods and technologies for domain knowledge modelling in database applications for complex networks, such as object oriented systems, rule-based systems, ontologies etc.
• Methods, tools and best practices for design and development of flexible applications for complex networks
• Technologies and best practices for robust design, development and effective/efficient management of variants of customizable applications for complex networks
• Design and implementation of semantically aware applications for complex networks
• Technologies and best practices for development of robust, widely adaptable applications for complex networks
• Test/validation tools and methods for complex networks
• Technologies and methods for visualization of complex networks
• Technologies and methods for visualization of calculation and optimization results of database applications for complex networks
Papers submitted to ODBASE'13 must not have been accepted for publication elsewhere or be under review for another workshop or conference.
All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression. All papers will be refereed by at least three members of the program committee, and at least two will be experts from industry in the case of practice reports. All submissions must be in English.
Submissions must not exceed 18 pages in the final camera-ready paper style. Submissions must be laid out according to the final camera-ready formatting instructions and must be submitted in PDF format.
Paper submission site: http://submissions.onthemove-conferences.org/2013/odbase/
The final proceedings will be published by Springer Verlag as LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science). Author instructions can be found at:
Authors of selected outstanding papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for consideration of publication in a special issue of the Springer Journal on Data Semantics: http://www.springer.com/computer/database+management+%26+information+ret...