Journal of Science Fiction Film and Television special issue on SF anime [deadline: 1 Sept 2013]
The Journal of Science Fiction Film and Television seeks article-length manuscripts for a planned special issue on Science Fiction (and) Anime.
Guest Editors: Elyce Rae Helford (Middle Tennessee State University) and Alex Naylor (University of Greenwich, UK)
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
• textual studies: perspectives on individual anime texts
• image/identity studies: anime and race, gender, class
• genre studies: relationship between anime and SF
• auteur studies: directors and/or producers of anime
• theoretical readings: feminist, postcolonial, Marxist, psychoanalytic, queer, etc.
• global studies: transnational studies of anime production or reception
• audience/fandom studies: conventions, fan fiction/art, cosplay, gaming, etc.
• transmedia studies: marketing, packaging, anime and/on the internet
Submissions should be made via the Science Fiction Film and Television website:
Direct queries to guest editors Elyce Rae Helford and Alex Naylor at email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2013.