full name / name of organization:
Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews
Call For Papers: Special Issue of Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents Reviews on P.K. Page
Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews seeks papers for a special issue on the poet P.K. Page co-edited by Emily Ballantyne, Emily Essert, and Michèle Rackham Hall. Until her recent death in 2010, Page was known as the “Grande Dame” of Canadian literature, revered for her image-rich poetry and experimental prose. Her artistic talents extended beyond the literary to the visual arts and, as the artist P.K. Irwin, she became well-known for her paintings, etchings, and drawings, which can be seen in galleries across Canada.
Submissions pertaining to Page’s poetry as well as those dealing with her other artistic pursuits are welcome. Possible topics include:
- Page and Montreal
- Page’s relationship to modernism and postmodernism
- Page and the B.C. literary scene
- Page and feminism / eco-feminism
- Sufism and Page’s writing
- Alchemy and/or the occult in Page’s poetry and art
- Influence on Page’s poetic forms
- Translations of Page’s poetry
- Page and politics
- Intersection between Page’s art and her poetry
- Page’s interest in cosmology
- Documents related to Page’s writing
The deadline for submissions is 15 November 2013
The issue will be dedicated to Dr. Zailig Pollock, in appreciation of his many efforts in facilitating Page studies across Canada and his 30 + years of service to Canadian literature.
Papers should be no more than 6500 words and follow The MLA Style Manual. Please send submissions to email@example.com.