Literature: Ecocriticism & Environment, Albuquerque, Feb. 19-22, 2014
Southwest Popular/American Culture Association (SWPACA)
Popular and American Culture Studies: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
35th Annual Conference: February 19 - 22, 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
Panels are now being formed for presentations regarding Literature, Ecocriticism and the Environment. Specific areas might include:
*ecocritical approaches to literature
* environmentally-focused artists and their art
* representations of nature and the environment in popular and American culture
* interdisciplinary approaches to the environment by environmental historians, philosophers, geographers, ecologists, governmental agencies, etc.
* environmental/ecocritical pedagogy & environmental education
* environmental discourse in the media
* the environment in film
* environmental issues in the Southwest
* urban environmentalism
* nature writing and its authors
* environmental activism, non-profit, governmental issues, etc.
To submit a proposal, go to http://conference2014.southwestpca.org and enter the proposal into the database. Deadline for submissions is November 1, 2013. Accepted applicants will be notified by email, and must register for the conference by December 31, 2013.
See the southwestpca.org for information concerning graduate-student awards, the conference peer-reviewed journal Dialogue and many other details related to the conference.