Conference: Art as a Medium - Art as a Remedy. The Contemporary Art World and Its Role in Processes of Social Change.
Suggested topics for presentations/articles:
• The ethos of contemporary art.
Artists within the sphere of social beliefs and myths.
• Between creation and self-creation.
Career strategies in contemporary art.
• The importance of artisctic/aesthetic education - new models and approaches. The role of education in shaping aesthetic tastes and attitudes of the society.
• Art therapy - theory and practice.
• Cultural politics of the State. Cultural institutions responding to cultural needs(?).
• Aesthetic 'profiles' of the information society.
• Art as a commodity - commercial mechanisms within the contemporary art.The role of media in art merchandising.
• Socially engaged artistic practices. Politically contextualised visual arts, performing arts and music. Street art and community art.
The abstract of an article (max. 150 words) and the completed entry form (in the attached file) should be sent to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by
10 September 2013.
Presentations should not exceed 20 minutes. Selected papers will be published in a book just before the conference.
The full text of the article (max. 7 pages, Times New Roman, pt. 12, intersect. 1,5), should be sent by 1 October 2013 to e-mail address: email@example.com
Date: 15-16 November
Place: Lublin, Poland
Venue: Lublin Province Museum, ul. Zamkowa 9 Lublin
Language: Polish, English
Fee: There is no fee for participating in the conference.
Please note: as a non-profit organisation, we are not able to provide accomodation and full meals for the participants.
Contact for further information:
Dr Malgorzata Stepnik
tel. (+48) 501 715 895