search the archive
search the archive
CFP: Pax Marxista: A Quarterly Journal of Marxist Theory and Revolutionary Thought
full name / name of organization:
Pax Marxista: A Quarterly Journal of Marxist Theory and Revolutionary Thought - ISSN: 2328-949X (Online)
While Pax Marxista: A Radical Forum of Marxist Theory and Revolutionary Thought is a website where we can share critical analysis in a simple, accessible, easy-to-read style, we envision Pax Marxista: A Quarterly Journal of Marxist Theory and Revolutionary Thought as a space where we can publish more lengthy, academic texts in a scholarly format. We value bringing diverse anti-capitalist identities together, sharing communal realities with newer, wider audiences, and intend our work to provide support and legitimacy to socialist thought and organizing in our communities.
Pax Marxista: A Quarterly Journal is published on a quarterly schedule in January, April, July, and October.
For our inaugural issue on January 15, 2014, the Pax Marxista Editorial Collective hereby invites unsolicited contributions in several formats: academic articles, book reviews, reflections, poetry, and art. All submissions must follow the submission guidelines posted below, and must be submitted for review by November 30, 2013.
Academic and creative integrity is key, and all material must be well-written. Style and content must represent a high calibre of thought and preparation. To submit any of the following formats to the journal, authors and artists should e-mail their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the following submission guidelines and details:
1. Articles: Submissions should present a scholarly use of Marxist theory or praxis, should range between 3,000-15,000 words, should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 250 words, and should be prepared for blind review.
2. Book Reviews: Submissions should present a critical analysis of a recent publication, should range between 1,000 to 3,000 words, should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 250 words if so desired, and should be prepared for blind review.
3. Reflections: Submissions should discuss critical issues encountered in the workplace, traveling, in community service, or social activism, among a plethora of other scenarios. Reflections should be between 1,000 to 3,000 words, may be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 250 words if so desired, and should be prepared for blind review.
4. Poetry: Submissions should be a creative interpretation of revolutionary themes or the horrors of capitalism. Poems should be no more than 1,000 words, may be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 250 words if so desired, and should be prepared for blind review.
5. Art: Submissions should be a creative interpretation of revolutionary themes or the horrors of capitalism. Visual pieces should be accompanied by a description of no more than 250 words.
For written pieces, please note the submission details below:
1. Use MS-Word or RTF format.
2. Use 1.5-point line spacing throughout (including endnotes and references), 12-point Times New Roman font, 1″ indentation for paragraphs and blockquotes, and boldface for headings and subheadings.
3. If illustrations or graphics are used, please place within the text at the appropriate points and using appropriate captions.
4. If online references are used, the URLs to access references online must be provided, including those for open access versions of the reference; the URLs should be ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
5. All academic articles must use endnotes. This list should appear after the article and should be labeled with the heading “Notes.”
6. All academic articles must conform to the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS). For examples of citations, use the Chicago Manual of Style Quick Guide.
7. If submitting an article to the peer-reviewed section of the journal, the submission must not have been previously published, nor may it be under consideration by another journal.
For visual pieces, please note the submission details below:
1. Please submit in high-resolution (1600 pixels wide or higher).
2. Please format using .jpg or .tiff filetypes.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines. Once a piece is submitted, additional edits will not be accepted.
All material published in Pax Marxista: A Quarterly Journal of Marxist Theory and Revolutionary Thought is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License, ISSN: 2328-949X (Online).
Copyright for all material published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Pax Marxista: A Quarterly Journal of Marxist Theory and Revolutionary Thought. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. Use of Pax Marxista content for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of the editor.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Benjamin Van Arnam
If you are interested in submitting a more informal forum piece, please see Call for Submissions (Forum). We look forward to working with you as we build a better world for tomorrow!