CFP: Stephen Crane Panels at ALA 2014 (Deadline 1.10.2014)
Call for Papers
Stephen Crane Society
The Stephen Crane Society will sponsor two sessions at the American Literature Association Conference at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 22-25 May 2014. All topics are welcome. Here, for example, are a few suggestions:
· Crane's depiction of war
· Crane and the arts (e. g., painting, photography, music)
· Crane's depiction of the city
· Crane's poetry
· Crane's journalism
· the Sullivan County tales and sketches
· the Western stories
· the Whilomville stories
· one of Crane's lesser-known novels (The Third Violet, Active Service, or The O'Ruddy)
· Crane's depiction of women
· Crane's relationship with other writers, e. g., Garland, Howells, Conrad, or Frederic
Presentations will be limited to 20 minutes.
You may also propose a roundtable discussion on, say, teaching Crane's short stories.
Please email abstracts or papers of no more than ten double-spaced pages by January 10, 2014, to the program chair:
For further information, please consult the ALA website at www.americanliterature.org or contact the conference director, Professor Alfred Bendixen of Texas A & M University at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.