search the archive
search the archive
CFP 11th International Conference on Women’s Studies -- (Spain) 8-10 April 2014
full name / name of organization:
Departments of English Studies -- Universidad Complutense, Madrid
CFP: 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON WOMEN'S STUDIES // JORNADAS INTERNACIONALES DE ESTUDIOS DE LA MUJER
"GENDER STUDIES: TRANSATLANTIC VISIONS/ ESTUDIOS DE GÉNERO: VISIONES TRANSATLÁNTICAS". Facultad de Filología, Universidad Complutense.
8, 9 y 10 April, 2014
The Departments of English Studies I and II (Linguistics and Literature) wish to announce their 11th International Conference on Women’s Studies, and invite you to submit papers on the topics listed below. The Organizing Committee for this conference, featuring national and international speakers, will publish texts selected after peer review for the Women's Studies collection, Vol. IX.
Organizing Committee: Isabel Durán, Noelia Hernando, Carmen Méndez, JoAnne Neff, Ana Laura Rodríguez
Themes (suggested, but not limited to):
· Gender, power and inequality: historical connections in a globalized world
· Transatlantic approaches to gender and social justice
· Old sexism in new guises: Reinterpreting sexism from a transatlantic perspective
· Women and the fight against poverty across frontiers
· Transnationalism vs. Globalization: Discourses on transnational and transcultural selves
· New gender studies and new literary and artistic genres
· Crises and crashes in a gendered world
· Gender, sex, race and class: a reassessment
· Societal gender norms and individual practices
· Transnational revisions of gendered discourses and symbolic violence
· Gender and literature: transatlantic visions and comparative studies.
Submission guidelines. Send by e-mail to: email@example.com
• Abstract of 400 to 500 words plus brief bio. Use the templates provided at
• Deadline: November 30th 2013.
• Send the Spanish or English template depending on the language used in your paper/ panel/ round table.
• Formats for sessions: a) 20-minute individual paper; b) Chaired panels with three participants; c) Round tables
• Before March 1st, 2014: 15€ for students- 55 € for Faculty / professionals
• After this date: 25€ for students - 70 € for Faculty / professionals