"A Nation in Transition- a cultural perspective on India"
The National Museum Institute and the Forum for the Promotion of Research in the Social Sciences invite articles for their collaborative journal – Charpoy: An Inter disciplinary Journal of the Social Sciences. Articles are invited related to the theme- "A Nation in Transition- a cultural perspective on India". Submissions under this theme should showcase how India as a nation has undergone monumental changes since its inception- from the emergence of the Indus Valley Civilization to the bustling modern republic it is today and overcome the challenges faced by the Indian republic due to its cultural diversity. The theme also explores the various dichotomies of the Indian republic - the modern and the ethnic, the creative and the commercial, the ideological and the political and the pragmatic, and the multicultural and the ethnic nationalism.
In order to celebrate the many facets of this nation, we invite articles ranging from all branches of the social sciences- the Arts, Museology, History, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Literature and Philosophy among others.
The submission guidelines are designed to make the process easier for both the authors and the publishers. Submissions that adhere to the guidelines will likely be given more consideration and have a greater chance of getting published.
Submission can be of two types – Commentary/Opinion/Review Articles (1200 – 3500 words) and Essays and Special articles (3500 – 5500). That being said the length of the article is negotiable so long as they are well researched, properly referenced and coherently argued. Embedded links are recommended for news and opinion pieces, footnotes for more scholarly articles. For referencing, authors should follow the Chicago Manual Style.
Please carefully observe the following formatting and styling conventions:
• Title should be in Times New Roman 12 point, single spaced.
• Author information should be set two lines below the title and in Times New Roman
11 point. It should consist of three lines single spaced – your name, your department
and your institution.
• Line spacing should be 1.5 with double spacing between paragraphs.
• Text should be set left, non justified, block paragraph/s (no indent).
• Margins should be set at 2.54 cm on top, bottom and right, with a 3.5 cm margin on
• There should be two spaces after the end punctuation of each sentence in the text.
• Place all titles of separately published works (print, film, television and so on) in
• Use double quotes throughout except for quotes inside quotes.
• Avoid abbreviations of names of institutions such as ICOM, NM, CSMVC etc.
• There should be a separate Bibliography page in Chicago Manual Style. Articles will be carefully reviewed before publication by the editorial board of the Journal.
The journal follows a strict policy with respect to plagiarism. All submissions should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication. Submissions
are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties and that the work does not contain any obscene, offensive,
defamatory, or racially prejudiced material. As a condition of publication, the authors grant the journal an irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to reproduce, publish and distribute their submission(s) in all media including but not limited to print and any electronic services. The license is granted for the duration of the subsistence of the copyright, including any extensions and/or renewals
Students are requested to mail their abstracts and articles along with a brief note mentioning their college, course and previous publications/conferences and/or research experience to- firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the mail as "Submission – Name" in Word format (.doc or .docx) latest by 10th October 2013.
For further details, you can mail in your queries to email@example.com
or you may also contact:
Praneet Singh +91 11 23019272 (ext. 322), email - firstname.lastname@example.org;
Pranav Gupta +91 8860003500;
Sahana Rajan +91 8285623192.