CFP: Gender & Technology (12/1/06; SW/TX PCA/ACA, 2/14/07-2/17/07)
Call for Papers: Gender & Technology Plenary Session
2007 Southwest/Texas Popular Culture/American Culture Association
The 28th Annual Meeting of the SW/TX PCA/ACA
February 14-17, 2007
Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The 2007 SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hyatt Regency downtown. Further details regarding the conference (listing of all areas, hotel, registration, tours, etc.) can be found at http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/ <http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/> .
Proposals are now being accepted for the Gender & Technology Plenary Session, which will focus on the various relationships that exist between gender and technology. Listed below are some suggestions for possible presentations, but topics not included here are also welcome.
· gender and technology in learning environments
· gender in IT careers
· medical regulation, invention, and augmentation of gender
· gender and science theory (dealing with philosophical questions/aspects, i.e. Keller, Longino, etc.)
· gender role-playing on the web
· gender differences in human-computer interaction
· media portrayal of women and men interacting with technology
· feminine, masculine, and gender-neutral technology
Inquiries regarding this area and/or abstracts of 250 words may be sent to Brian Still at brian.still_at_ttu.edu <mailto:brian.still_at_ttu.edu> by December 1, 2006.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Fri Aug 11 2006 - 15:28:02 EDT