full name / name of organization:
Interdisciplinary Research in Indigenous Studies
The interim editorial board of Interdisciplinary Research in Indigenous Studies (IRIS) is pleased to announce the call for submission of papers for the first issue of the journal, scheduled to be published in the summer of 2014.
IRIS will be published quarterly and feature scholarly work that contributes new knowledge and understanding to the field of Indigenous studies. Our publication is committed to disseminating research from and across all disciplines, as they relate to Indigenous peoples, cultures and societies.
Submission of papers for IRIS 1(1), 2014 – Inaugural Issue
1. Indigenous Studies topics
• Papers that address Indigenous studies from within any academic field and on any related topic are welcome.
2. Special Themed Issue: Presence and Passage
• What is the present state of Indigenous studies?
• In what directions is the discipline moving?
• What topics or themes have lately entered into discussion in the field?
• What similarities or differences are found in the approach to Indigenous studies across geographical regions, countries or continents?
• How have various disciplines approached Indigenous studies differently?
• How have Indigenous ways influenced various academic disciplines?
• What are significant points of presence and passage in Indigenous art, history, culture, literature, science, education, etc.?
3. Reviews of recently published books in the field of Indigenous studies
• Book reviews should be timely, objective and no longer than 1,500 words.
4. Paper submission requirements and review process
• Interested authors are requested to submit full articles of no more than 10,000 words (Word format, personal identifying information omitted from body of paper).
• Papers will be subjected to anonymous peer-review.
• Authors will be notified in a timely manner as to when their papers are received; sent to reviewers; and accepted, rejected or returned for revision prior to publication.
Deadline for submission of papers for the inaugural issue: 15 March 2014
Submit papers to the managing editor, Christopher L. Stockdale (email@example.com)