Call for Papers: Adaptation: Literature, Film, and Culture
Southwest Popular / American Culture Association (SWPACA)
35th Annual Conference, February 19-22, 2014
"Popular and American Culture Studies: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow."
Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Proposal submission deadline: Extended to November 15, 2013
Proposals are now being extended until November 15, 2013 for the Adaptation: Literature, Film, and Culture Area at the 2014 Southwest PCA/ACA Conference. We invite you to submit argumentative presentations ranging from critical essays to analyses selected from classic to contemporary film adaptations, and employing recognized research methodologies. Paper presentations should be 15 minutes long.
For individual presentations, submit a proposal with the following items:
• maximum 250-word abstract, including paper/presentation title;
• current curriculum vitae;
• working bibliography for your paper; and
• contact information (name and email).
All presenters must enter their own information and proposals into the conference database (including panel proposal members).
Proposals for panels of 3-4 presenters are also welcome.
To propose a panel, submit the following:
• panel title;
• name and email address for the panel chair;
• titles and abstracts of each paper; and
• name and email address for each presenter.
• above information is in addition to the individual presentation submissions.
Submit all proposals to http://conference2014.southwestpca.org
Please see http://southwestpca.org/conference/graduate-student-awards/ for a list of graduate student awards and requirements.
Film Adaptation Area Chair