full name / name of organization:
Reviewing Alice Walker’s The Colour Purple
The book aims to locate Walker’s masterpiece at the crossroad of postmodernism, post colonialism and motherism. Mainly designed for the university students and scholars, the purpose is to capture all the possible arrays ranging from Walker’s autobiographical reflection to the most controversial racist legacy of writing. Here are some topics to consider, but is by no means an exhaustive list:
• Race and Nation
• Female Relationships and sisterhood
• Psychoanalysis and Female Desire
• Subaltern and double marginalisation
• Gender, Sexuality, Racism and Identity Politics
• Female body from object of desire to protest
• Hybridity and its dilemma
• Narrative Voice and the Afro-American language
• Neo-Slave narrative
• Class and comsumerism
• Eco-feminism and Walker
• Space and Domestic Violence
• Race and Culture
• Afro-American music
• Journey of the self
Deadline for submission of papers: 31st December 2013.
1. Submit a paper of maximum 4000 words along with a 250 words abstract and key words on a separate page to the editors at email@example.com
2. A manuscript that has been published or that is currently under consideration for publication elsewhere in either article or book form should not be submitted.
3. Submission only by e-mail in MS Word format following MLA 7 style sheet
4. Strictly use Times New Roman font using 12-point with 1.5 spacing and title of paper in bold letters at the centre.
5. Try to eliminate all typos/ spelling errors and grammatical fly offs.
6. Send also a brief and concise bio note mentioning professional details, specialisations, current affiliation and email id.