CFP- "15 Years of Peacebuilding in Kosovo Lessons Learned and Future Challenges for the Region" - 14-15 February 2014
Fifteen years after international protectorate, and seven years following the declaration of the independence, Kosovo is constantly making great efforts toward peace building.
However, the country is still facing great challenges in building peace stability and attempting to involve all the international peace-building aspects. The 15 points agreement between Kosovo and Serbia thought to support and achieve the normalization of the relations between two countries faces a major challenge in its implementation stage By this agreement, the Serbian community has full supervision in the areas of economy, education, health, urbanism, rural planning, and police sector, and it also reflects the ethnic composition while Kosovo institutions aims to integrate local population and to stabilize relations with its Serbian community in Kosovo , on the road to long aspired EU Integration process.
Nevertheless, Kosovo is still a country in an initial stage of economic development, with a high level of poverty and unemployment, with a different level of value for the rule of law and In the meantime, Serbia is always attempting to be somehow involved and obstruct in the future development of Kosovo.
Therefore, the conference's aim is to try bringing together: worldwide experts, academics, researchers, scholars and graduates of peace-building area, in order to address the needs, the expectations and challenges which will accompany Kosovo and how this will reflect in the region's future. The main research question that can be addressed from many perspectives is:
How will the implementation or non–implementation of the Kosovo-Serbia agreement will situation reflect on future peace-building of Kosovo, Serbia and the region.
Thematics of the conference and papers:
Papers should be focused on addressing the role of economic development, local and regional policies, culture, education, democratization of Kosovo institutions, reflecting n the role of 15 point agreement between Kosovo and Serbia, and the peacebuilding processes related to Kosovo and the region. Identifying the future peace-building challenges in Kosovo and the region will be most desirable.
We are pleased to announce:
CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline for application: February 1st 2014;
Submission e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob: +377 44 90 66 00
We are honored to invite worldwide experts, academics, researchers, scholars and graduates to bring scientific papers, analysis and findings in the field of peace-building.
The authors should follow these specifications:
• Papers must consist of 8-12 pages;
• Papers submitted to the conference should not have been previously published nor submitted for current consideration;
• If paper is chosen for presentation, the author/s shall be required to give the authorship rights to ILIRIA College (as the main organizing authority of the conference);
• From the moment of paper submission, until the final response of acceptance/refusal, the author/s shall not be allowed to withdraw the paper;
• Papers must be typewritten, paper size A4, line-spaced 1.5, font size 12, Times New Roman. Included in the papers must be the abstract, list of references (only cited references), and tables, if any. The standard form of the abstract and paper can be downloaded from the official webpage of the conference www.uiliria.org or on request, sent by conference's coordinators;
• Articles will be carefully analyzed and selected by experts, and a special journal of the conference will be published, where it will include all papers that will be presented in the conference;
• Papers should be organized properly and rightfully titled. The first page should comprise: an introduction (including the title of paper, name(s) of author(s), a link to institutions and addresses for correspondence, an e-mail address, short optional title(s) and three to five keywords); the second page should include the title of the paper and abstract, followed by the content of the paper;
• All papers must be paginated;
• Papers should be submitted in electronic copy, typed in Microsoft Word;
• If there are any images, authors must submit original electronic copies of the images, in JPG format; Images should be clear and easily readable;
• To the authors of successful papers shall be asked to provide Power Point presentation of the paper;
• Paper should be structured addressing the main topic, further elaborated and clearly subdivided in the following way: 1; 1.1; 1.1.2; 2; 2.1; 2.1.2 etc., in order to ensure that all sub-topics are a reflection of the main problem and the issue addressed, as an integral part of the main topic;
• It is required that the whole elaboration of the topic is made within frameworks of the main topic, while all matters relevant or referred to, are presented in footnotes and references. Footnotes should be used and indicated in superscript consecutively throughout the text, while quotations should be made within the text. References should be listed in full at the end of the paper;
The articles should contain the following chapters:
a) Title Page – the title, the topic of the conference under which the paper falls, name of the authors, their affiliations and email addresses;
b) The abstract;
c) The key words;
The official language of the conference is English;
The chosen papers abstracts will be published in a special abstract only edition while to the authors of these papers an official invitation to present their papers, indicating the exact time and place of the conference, will be sent.