Women & Performance: A Journal of Feminist Theory (Submissions Accepted Year-round)
The Editorial Collective of Women & Performance invites submissions of scholarly essays on performance, visual and sound art, theater, dance, ritual, political manifestations, film, new media, and the performance of everyday life from interdisciplinary feminist perspectives. We also welcome performative texts; interviews; book, performance and film reviews; and photo essays and images that advance critical dialogues on gender and performance. Women & Performance accepts proposals for themed issues from guest editors. We publish scholarship that is interdisciplinary and provocative in method and form.
Please submit manuscripts electronically, as Microsoft Word attachments, to Managing Editor Summer Kim Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. All work should be double spaced, with 1-inch margins, in 12-point Times font.
2. Scholarly essays should not exceed 10,000 words; reviews should be approximately 1,000 words.
3. Writers should follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition.
4. All manuscripts must be submitted with a cover document – including author's name, address, email, phone number; a brief bio, indicating affiliation, recent publications; a 200 word abstract; and a word count of the manuscript. To protect the anonymity of the submission process, please avoid listing your name anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
5. Please title your attachment with your last name, for example: title the manuscript as YourLastName.doc, and any images as YourLastNameImage1.pdf and YourLastNameImage2.pfd and so on.
6. You are welcome to submit images along with your manuscript; however, please ensure that you have (or will) secure copyright protection for all images. Women and Performance cannot aid in, or financially contribute to, the procuring of copyright.
We will send you an acknowledgment of receipt once your submission is processed. The Editorial Collective vets all submissions before they are sent out for external, anonymous peer review. We provide reader comments, and may ask you to revise and resubmit your work. The journal makes very effort to respond to submissions within three to six months.
*Book reviews* of no more than 1,500 words may be sent to email@example.com .
*Performance reviews* of current exhibitions, films, parades, performance art, dance and theatre may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See http://www.womenandperformance.org for submission guidelines.