Proposals for Special Issue of Peitho
Peitho is the peer-reviewed journal of the Coalition of Women Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition. Published twice yearly, Peitho seeks to encourage, advance, and publish original research in the history of rhetoric and composition.
We invite Special Issue proposals for our Fall 2014 issue. This themed publication will be developed by a guest editor or editors with the aim of enabling the journal to help set the intellectual agenda in the history of women in rhetoric and composition, to encourage innovative research on topics in feminisms and rhetorics by scholars working in the area, to attract participation by top scholars, and to stimulate scholarly advances within the field.
Proposals should identify the Guest Editor(s) and provide a descriptive rationale of 1,000 words, excluding bibliography. It may also include prospective contributors and titles, but such a list is not required. The rationale should demonstrate: the timeliness of the topic, how the topic falls within the scope of Peitho, and how the topic speaks to Peitho's audience. In addition, the proposal should address the qualifications of its guest editors and identify the contributions this proposed topic may make to the field, as well as offering a timeline for submissions and acceptances.
Proposals should include:
1. Title for the Special Issue
2. Overview of the topic and discussion of how the topic is innovative and distinct from other work in the field
3. Statement of relevance and contributions to feminisms and rhetorics
4. Description of types of potential manuscripts sought and potential authors who might be invited to submit
5. List of potential peer reviewers
6. Time frame for the Special Issue, with specific dates, to ensure publication by December 15, 2014:
CFP (call for papers)
submission deadline for manuscripts
notification of acceptance
submission deadline for full manuscripts
Link to the pdf version: http://peitho.cwshrc.org/files/2012/10/CFP-Special-Issue-of-Peitho-updat...
Deadline for Proposal Submission: January 6, 2014.
Please submit proposals to the editors: Jenny Bay and Patricia Sullivan, Purdue University, firstname.lastname@example.org.