Call for Papers Theatre Topics
The editors of Theatre Topics are pleased to announce a general call for submissions. As Topics prepares to begin publishing three issues per year in 2014, we are soliciting scholarly essays that emphasize pedagogy, dramaturgy, and theatrical practice. Theatre Topics is the first theatre publication devoted to issues of concern to practitioners, and the journal welcomes concise and timely articles on a broad array of practical, performance-oriented subjects. Topics continues to keep readers informed of the latest developments on the stage and in the classroom. Theatre Topics is an official publication of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE).
In addition to the ideas above, the editors of Topics are particularly interested in articles that engage with the following areas:
* International sites of pedagogical innovation
* Pedagogy among diverse student populations and / or regarding material that engages with diversity
* The relationship between theory and practice
* Applied theatre practices such as drama therapy or community-based theatre
* Practice-based research
* Rehearsal and production processes
* Reconsiderations of traditional acting theories
* New play development and devised theatre
* New technologies in performance and / or in the classroom
Watch for separate CFPs for forthcoming Special Issues on Dramaturgy and Educational Theatre. Submissions should be sent to Managing Editor, Bob Kowkabany at firstname.lastname@example.org. Author guidelines can be found at http://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/theatre_topics/guidelines.html. All other inquiries can be sent to the Editors of Theatre Topics, D.J. Hopkins at email@example.com, or Gwendolyn Alker at firstname.lastname@example.org.