1st International ThinkTwice Conference: away from keyboard (March 22/23 2014; Deadline 2014-01-14)
ThinkTwice Conference 2014
"Away from Keyboard"
Submission Deadline: January 14th, 2014
Contact: conference @ pp-international.net
We are happy to announce the start of submission process for PPI's first international ThinkTwice conference. The aim of the conference is to bridge between the worlds of the Pirate Parties, Academia and NGO to foster a mutual exchange on ideas and experiences that are worth spreading.
For this first ThinkTwice conference the tag line is "Away from Keyboard". The conference will offer space for up to 300 participants to emerge over the course of the two days into talks, presentations and panels focusing on the future and upcoming challenges. All sessions will be streamed and the video recordings published afterwards.
We are looking for session submissions from Pirates, NGOs and Academia to following tracks: (other topics are allowed as well)
Creativity: copyrights, patents, collaboration, citizen journalism, media, DRM, open access, FOI, public licensing, policy reform, education, etc…
Human Rights: security, data protection, surveillance, FOI, basic income, emigration, voting rights, drones, non-proliferation, dual use technology, encryption, anonymity, transparency, net neutrality, open data, egovernment, society, whistle blowing, political science, etc…
Revolution: Future, innovation, liquid democracy, transhumanism, cyborgs, start-ups, vision, 3d-printing, crowd-sourcing, big data, participation, pirate parties, artificial intelligence, globalization, space travel, social networks, etc...
Terms and conditions of paper submission
- Title and abstract of the proposed session should be entered into the conference website at http://tt14.pp-international.net by 14 January 2014 (please create an account first in order to see the submission form).
- The submissions are accepted in English language only
- In case of the acceptance of the submission, the session material and eventual audio and video recordings will be published with a CC-BY 4.0 license
- In case of any financial support, the name of the organization or institute should be reflected in the abstract. Evidently, submission and publication of such papers are subjected to letter of consent from the respective organization or institute to Pirate Parties International.
- Conference is on 22nd and 23rd of February 2014 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Deadline to submit your proposal is January 14th 23:59 CET
- Speaker notifications by January 22nd 23:59 CET
- Final Version Due on February 09th 2014 23:59 CET