search the archive
search the archive
Fourth Annual HBCU-General Education Alliance Conference, May 28-29, 2014, at Philander Smith College, Little Rock, Arkansas
full name / name of organization:
HBCU-General Education Alliance
Call for Papers
The Executive Committee of the HBCU-General Education Alliance is announcing a Call for Papers for its Fourth Annual HBCU-General Education Alliance Conference, scheduled for May 28-29, 2014, on the campus of Philander Smith College in Little Rock, Arkansas. The 2014 Conference will engage educators from all levels of the profession to aaddress best practices inside and outside of the classroom for challenging, inspiring, motivating, and empowering under-represented students.
Included at the 2014 Conference will be a pre-conference; plenary and concurrent sessions; opening remarks from national leadership and members of the academy and community; displays from national educational organizations; and a book signing by a professional on student learning.
For the concurrent sessions, papers are solicited for the following topics:
* Strategies and best practices for teaching and learning in the 21st Century classroom
* Blueprints for teaching critical thinking, math, and/or writing to the underprepared OR gifted learner
* Presentations of findings from research studies of minority student enrollment, retention, and/or graduation rates
* What should No Child Left Behind or Race to the Top mean to under-represented communities?
* What will new reforms in elementary and secondary classrooms mean for General Education of higher education?
* How should higher education work with elementary and secondary educators to improve retention and graduation rates of under-represented students at all levels of the academy?
* Imagine intellectual perspectives of Booker T. Washington, W.E.B.DuBois, Carter G. Woodson and others, individually or in dialogue, on educating students of color in the 21st Century.
ABSTRACTS are accepted as follows:
FORWARD to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2014