Call for Papers: Modern Languages Open (MLO)
Call for Papers: Modern Languages Open
In Spring 2014 Liverpool University Press, one of the world's leading publishers in the modern languages, will launch Modern Languages Open (MLO), a peer-reviewed platform for the open access publication of research from across the modern languages to a global audience.
• Interdisciplinarity across the modern languages and engagement with other fields from a modern languages perspective
• Open Access under a CC-BY or CC-BY-NC licence
• Rigorous peer review pre-publication and interactivity post-publication
• Rapid turnaround from submission to publication
• Rewards for article reviewers
• Flexibility on article length from 3,000-15,000 words
• International dissemination under the imprimatur of a university press
"MLO will galvanize innovative scholarship and may indeed change the course of publishing"
Tom Conley, Abbott Lawrence Lowell Professor of Romance Languages & Literature, Harvard University
No article publishing charge!
To mark the launch, there will be an APC waiver for the 10 best papers submitted from early career researchers. Papers will be judged by the MLO Section Editors. The APC waiver is facilitated through the generosity of LUP authors, participating in the LUP Authors Fund, which is match funded by LUP.
Visit the Modern Languages Open website and click on the Online Submissions guidelines to view detailed instructions for authors.
For more information on MLO visit:
Follow MLO on twitter @modlangopen