International and Interdisciplinary Colloquium "Art in the Trenches | In the Trenches of Art". 100 years of First World War
In order to solemnize the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War, the Institute of Comparative Literature of the Faculty of Arts of University of Porto will associate itself with government and city agencies such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Porto City Hall that will carry a set of commemorative activities of the ephemeris. The aim of this Interdisciplinary Colloquium is to further discussion on the participation of Portugal in the Great War, through joint and coordinated reflection, beyond issues strictly related to historical-political matters, focusing on the various artistic fields, with special emphasis on the field of Literature. Thus, the following themes will be considered:
1. literary representations of World War I in Western Literature;
2. Interartistic expressions of the First World War (theater, music, cinema, photography, visual arts);
3. artistic and literary migrations between 1914-1918;
4. questioning - in Literature and other arts - concepts and values related to War;
5. theoretical and critical questioning of the warmongering role of Art and Literature.
Paper proposals should be submitted by April 30, 2014 to the address email@example.com, with the following elements:
- contact details
- abstract (150-300 words).