full name / name of organization:
The Community College Humanities Association, Southern Division
The Community College Humanities Association, Southern Division, invites proposals from faculty, graduate students and administrators on “Southern Sensations and Sensibilities.” The theme highlights the combinations and contradictions that create Southern life, past, present, and future, from “melancholy little dramas” to panoramic visions.
Possible topics for the theme include, but aren’t limited to
• Characters, crime, and craziness in the South that shape literature, art, film, and performance
• Southern political, social, and historical trends and crossroads
• Cultural construction through Southern humor and humorists
• Civic engagement and service learning in the South
• The role of food in Southern culture, identity, and history
• Evolving representations of the South in popular culture
1. All presenters, co-presenters, panelists, and moderators must be CCHA members. Membership forms are available online at www.ccha-assoc.org.
2. All presenters, co-presenters, panelists, and moderators must register for the 2014 conference and pay the appropriate conference registration fee. Registration forms will be available online at www.ccha-assoc.org in April 2014.
3. All proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee prior to acceptance. The program committee will acknowledge receipt of proposals as they are received and will email notification of acceptance or decline by July 1, 2014.
4. All presentations should aim for audience interaction and participation.
Send electronic proposals, available at www.ccha-assoc.org, to conference co-chairs Susan McClung and Travis Meek (email@example.com) using the email subject heading “CCHA 2014 Proposal.” Proposal Submission Deadline: April 25, 2014.