Crisis and Resistance in Central and Eastern Europe
The year 2014 marks twenty-five years since the end of Communism in Central-Eastern Europe (CEE) and ten years after the enlargement of the European Union into the region. To mark this event Debatte: Journal of Contemporary Central and Eastern Europe is planning to hold a conference on 22-23 November at Warsaw University entitled 'Crises and Resistance in Central and Eastern Europe'.
Among the areas that we plan to discuss at the conference are:
• Economic crisis and alternatives
• The role of social movements in the region
• Gender and feminism
• Historical politics
• Migration, multi-culturalism and the struggle against racism and the far-right
• The nature of left parties in the region
• Ecology and the environment
• Welfare and poverty
• Ten years of European Union membership
• The balance sheet of the transition from Communism
• The geo-political context of Central and Eastern Europe.
The conference will consist of two plenary sessions together with a series of workshops held in parallel. If you would like to propose a panel or offer a paper for a workshop then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible