PSF2014 > Call for submissions > EXTENDED DEADLINE > June 15th
Post-Screen: International Festival of Art, New Media and Cybercultures
Call for papers > EXTENDED Dead Line: June 15th, 2014
The Post Screen Festival is calling for research papers about art, technology and culture mediated by screens, to be presented at the Post-Screen Festival Conferences in November, 28th ant 29th, in Lisbon, Portugal.
The theme for this year is Device, Medium and Concept in which it is intend to discuss the use of screen-based "devices" (traditional, analog or digital) as a tool used in artistic practices and social behaviours; the screen as "medium", entails the production and archiving of works of art, cultural and social activities, exclusively generated through technological screens making use of intrinsic technological attributes that a given medium provides; the screen as a "concept", refers mainly to the aesthetic, phenomenological and social aspects that involve the use of the concept of screen in visual arts and in our society.
The proposal for paper must have 3-4pages (according to the template provided in our website), including references, introduction and abstract. Authors should present two abstracts in different languages (one must be in English).
Fields of work: Visual Arts, Art History, Aesthetics, Film Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, New Technologies, Curatorial Practices, Social Sciences, Cultural Studies, New Media, Cinema
The papers will be reviewed through a double blind reviewing process by the International Board:
· Emílio Vilar (Faculty of Fine Arts of University of Lisbon, PT)
· Geoff Cox (Aarhus University, DK)
· João Ferreira (Faculty of Fine Arts of University of Lisbon, PT)
· John F. Barber (Washington State University, Vancouver, USA)
· Jon Cates (School of the Art Institute of Chicago, USA)
· Jorge Martins Rosa (FCSH, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, PT)
· Jussi Parikka (University of South Hampton, Winchester School of Art, UK)
· Kate Mondloch (University of Oregon, USA)
· Margaret Morse (University of California, Santa Cruz, USA)
· Pascal Krajewski (CIEBA/FBAUL Research Member, FR)
· Susanne Clausen (University of Reading, UK)
For further information please go to: http://postscreenfestival.com