CFP -- English Association of Pennsylvania State Universities (EAPSU) -- Deadline Aug. 15 -- Conference, Oct. 3-4, 2014
The English Association of Pennsylvania State Universities (EAPSU) invites CFPs for our Oct. 3-4, 2014, conference at California University of Pennsylvania with the theme: "Come Together: Creativity in 21st Century English Studies."
We are seeking 250-300 word abstracts to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 15, 2014.
Possible topics for individual presentations of panels include:
* What is creative about English Studies today? What will it be tomorrow?
* How will creativity inside the university differ from creativity outside the university?
* How is the creative married to the critical today? How will it be tomorrow?
* How will our study of language and story give voice to the creative word?
* How will our students' experiences with creativity alter our pedagogy and practices?
* How will our pedagogical approaches foster creativity in the classroom?
* How can we partner student creativity and literary studies in mutually supportive ways?
* How can we invigorate student creativity through literary theory and criticism?
* How can the study of the creative process of literary artists integrate multiple dimensions of English Studies?
* Entries of creative writing, journalism, and mixed genres/mixed media pieces are welcome.
We welcome papers that explore pedagogical and scholarly possibilities, connecting creativity and all facets of English Studies, including creative writing, journalism, language and literacy, literature, and mixed media studies.
For more information, contact: Professor Margo Wilson, email@example.com