Call for Papers: Film Theory and Aesthetics 2015
February 11-14, 2015 Hyatt Regency Downtown/ Albuquerque, NM
Proposals are now being sought for review in the Film Theory and Aesthetics Area. Review begins immediately and continues until November 1, 2014. Listed below are some suggestions for possible presentations; other topics in the area are also welcome:
▪ Precinema, Early, and Silent cinema aesthetics
▪ Definitions of periodicity: aesthetic, chronologic, theoretical
▪ Classical Film Theory and its Discontents
▪ Nontheatrical, industrial, and educational film
▪ Montage and Editing: Practice as Theory
▪ History of Cinematography
▪ Visual Effects from Silent to CGI
▪ Spectatorship and Scopophilia
▪ Auteur Theory
▪ Semiotics, Psychoanalysis, Feminism, and Emergent Theories
▪ Genre Film & Genre Theory
▪ Theories of Third Cinema
▪ Film aesthetics in the digital age
▪ Adaptation: Intersections of Film Theory and cultural or literary theory
After July 1, 2014, please upload an abstract of 250 words and a current curriculum vitae to http://conference2015.southwestpca.org/for review no later than November 1, 2014. Inquiries in advance of submissions are welcome, and may be sent to Jennifer L. Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details regarding the conference (listing of all panel areas, hotel, registration, etc.) can be found at http://www.southwestpca.org All confirmed participants should be registered by December 31, 2014.
For Graduate Students:
A number of graduate student awards are given each year, and graduate student travel grants are also available. Of particular interest for presenters in this area is the Post Script Graduate Student Award for Film Studies. Please see: http://southwestpca.org/conference/graduate-student-awards/
Visit http://journaldialogue.org for information about the organization's new, peer-reviewed journal, Dialogue: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Popular Culture and Pedagogy.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Jennifer L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
American Literature and Film
University of Arizona