The Sixties: The Culture, the Movements, and the Summer of Love
CFP—The Sixties: The Culture, the Movements, and the Summer of Love
Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Annual National Conference
Wednesday, April 1 through Saturday, April 4, 2015
New Orleans Marriott
New Orleans LA
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2014
The Sixties Area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any aspect of popular culture from this era. Topics of interest might include, but are not limited to:
• Film, television, and radio of the era
• Analysis of influential books/authors and/or arts/artists e.g. Ginsberg; Warhol
• Religion and spirituality
• Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll
• Music and fashion as cultural expression and consumer culture
• Communal living
• 1969, or other significant dates, places, or events, e.g. Days of Rage, etc.
• Countercultural movements—Hippies, SDS, Black Panther Party, the White Panther Party, etc.
• Politics and protests of the era e.g. Civil Rights, Vietnam
• Race and gender issues e.g. the 1968 Olympic Project for Human Rights, NOW
• Media reaction and representation
Deadline for submission of a 100-250-word abstract is November 1, 2014.
Inquiries about possible papers or proposals for round table sessions or full panels are also welcomed and encouraged.
If your paper is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, and information on registration, PCA/ACA membership, hotel accommodations, etc.
Address abstracts, inquiries, or proposals to:
Michigan State University
235 Bessey Hall
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1033