full name / name of organization:
Call for Papers
Brújula Vol. 6
Art and Encounters
Brújula’s sixth issue, devoted to the construction of the imaginary in
artistic discourses in Latin America, seeks to encourage a dialogue between
diverse manifestations of aesthetic thought and creation. Essays might
explore analytical, historical and/or interpretive approaches. Proposals
with an interdisciplinary focus in literature, dance, music, visual arts,
theater, cinema, architecture, new technologies, etc., are welcome; we are
interested in works that respond to contemporary production, as well as
those that encompass other historical periods. Potential topics for
- Intentionality(ies): author, work, audience
- Objectivities and subjectivities in the arts
- Spaces and times: locality, globalization and the past, present and future
- Identity construction
- Reception studies
- Intersections of artistic discourses
- The “new” arts: technology and media
- Collectivity, collaboration and community in artistic creation
- Creative processes and the mind
- Politics, the State and art
Please submit materials to submitbrujula_at_ucdavis.edu by January 5, 2007.
* Please submit your essay with a cover letter that includes a brief (50-75
word) professional statement (with your name, academic affiliation, and
standing [graduate student, doctoral candidate, assistant professor],
institution, research interests, and/or a few relevant publications) the
title of your paper as well as a 100-word abstract.
* Brújula is a peer-reviewed journal that favors anonymity in the process of
selection. Therefore we ask that essays be submitted without names. Names
and e-mail addresses should appear on cover letter and envelopes only.
* Essays may be written in Spanish, English, or Portuguese.
* Papers are limited to 15-20 pages, double-spaced, including endnotes and
* Send material via e-mail at: submitbrujula_at_ucdavis.edu. Use Microsoft Word
95 or higher. Or Mail 3.5” formatted disk (IBM or Mac) with document to:
Brújula, Hemispheric Institute on the Americas, University of California,
One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616-8576.
* We request that essay format follow the conventions of the MLA Style
Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing.
* Tables, diagrams, maps, photos, and artwork may be included by arrangement
with editors. Permissions to reproduce such materials will be the
responsibility of the author.
Brújula only accepts original contributions. Translations of articles or
articles already published will not be accepted. Manuscripts will not be
For more information visit us at: http://hia.ucdavis.edu/brujula
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Fri Oct 06 2006 - 15:59:12 EDT