Call for Submissions: Travel Writing (March, 2016)
Coldnoon: Travel Poetics (International Journal of Travel Writing) invites writings (prose/nonfiction/reserach/opinions/poetry/travelogues) on travel. For the month of March we will start receiving submissions from March 1, 2016, ending on March 20, 2016.
Selected writings, published in Diaries and Dialogues will qualify for publication in the journal, both online and print (EISSN 2278-9650; ISSN 2278-9642)
Submissions are invited in two categories:
Diaries: 500-1400 words (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dialogues: 1500 words and above (email@example.com)
Poems (which may be published singly in Diaries or as strings of poems in Dialogues) can be sent as single submissions or strings of poems (no limit).
Also send us a short bio note, and a recent photograph of yourself.
Submissions can be on—but need not be confined to—the following themes:
2. Architecture and Travel
3. City Mapping/Derive/Flanerie
5. Travel in Popular Culture/Cinema/Arts
6. Iconic Cities/Urban Geographies
7. Pastoral Travelling/Exotic Travelling
8. Tourism/Ecotourism/Health Tourism, etc
9. Pitfalls of Tourism/The Tourist as the Dilettante
10. Heritage Travelling
11. Impressionism and Cities (Paris, London, New York, Calcutta, Delhi, etc.)