CFP: The Journal of New Zealand Literature: The JNZL Prize (12/24/04; journal)
THE JNZL PRIZE FOR NEW ZEALAND LITERARY STUDIES
The Journal of New Zealand Literature is offering an annual prize for an original piece of research in the area of New Zealand Literary Studies. The prize will be awarded for the first time in 2005.
* The prize will be awarded for a first publication in the area of New Zealand literary studies. We particularly encourage work from graduate researchers and emerging scholars, but the prize is also open to established researchers in other fields who are making their first foray into New Zealand literary studies.
* There will be a cash prize of NZ$250.
* The winning entry will be published in JNZL (The Journal of New Zealand Literature).
* The prize is open internationally.
* Entries will be judged anonymously.
* The adjudicating panel consists of the Editorial Committee and the Editorial Board of JNZL. Judging will be by majority decision.
* The Editorial Committee reserves the right not to award the prize in any given year.
Please submit the following to the address below:
1) a copy of the essay
2) a brief CV
* Submissions should be up to 3000 words in length, and should be in MHRA format.
* Submissions may be sent as hard copy or as email attachments, or on disk, in Word or in rtf.
Entries close 24 December 2004.
Please send all submissions to: english_at_waikato.ac.nz
Department of English
University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Erika Lin: elin_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 21:20:09 EDT