CFP: Literature of Africa and the Diaspora (3/1/06; SAMLA, 11/10/06-11/12/06)
The Literature of Africa and the Diaspora Session at SAMLA seeks papers on Conceptions of the Self and Subjectivity.
A full range of approaches to and perspectives on the topic is encouraged.
Please send 200-250 word proposals for 20-minute papers to
Walter Collins, Session Chair
University of South Carolina, Lancaster
476 Hubbard Drive
Lancaster, SC 29720
OR email to <collinsw_at_sc.edu> by 1 March 2006
In order for the proposal to be considered, include the following information:
1. Panelist Name and Institution as this information should appear in the convention program
2. Panelist Address: street, city, state, zip
3. Panelist Phone Number: area code - number
4. Panelist Email address
5. AV Equipment Request: Due to the high cost of AV equipment, all AV requests must be made in writing by the panelist and included with each panelist proposal to the session chair. If a panelist does not wish to have any AV equipment, this information must also be included
6. Panelist proposal, Session Title, Name of Session Chair and including a title as it should appear in the convention program
Presenters must be current members of SAMLA by 1 May 2006. The SAMLA meeting will be Nov. 10-12, 2006, in Charlotte, North Carolina. For more details, please visit http://www.samla.org/convention.shtml.
Dr. Walter Collins, Program Chair 2006
Folashadé Alao, Program Secretary 2006
Walter P. Collins, III, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor of French and English
PO Box 889
Lancaster, SC 29721
FAX (803) 313-7106
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 14:04:48 EST